Skip to Content

Virginia resident dies from injury related to e-cigarette use

(WVVA) (AP) – Health officials have confirmed that a Virginia resident has died in North Carolina from a severe lung injury associated with e-cigarette use.

The state Department of Health said the death was reported by Cone Health in Greensboro, North Carolina.

On the Virginia Department of Health website, State Health Commissioner M. Norman Oliver, MD, MA says, “I am deeply saddened to announce the first death of a Virginia resident related to this outbreak. Our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time.”

The person who passed away was said to be from the southwest region of Virginia.

 

 

 

Jill Croce

Morning Anchor WVVA

Skip to content