…PERIODS OF SNOW SHOWERS AND BLOWING SNOW TO IMPACT THE
MOUNTAINS TONIGHT INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING…
.A storm system will be moving slowly across the central
Appalachians and mid-Atlantic tonight through Monday night. West
to northwest winds increasing and much colder air will bring
periods of accumulating snow showers to the mountains, along with
strong winds blowing the snow around, restricting visibilities at
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 10
inches, with locally higher amounts. Winds gusting as high as 45
mph, will create blowing snow and reduced visibilities..
* WHERE…Western Greenbrier County.
* WHEN…From midnight tonight to 7 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Areas
of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Wind chills could drop to the single digits
and teens Monday night.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel…have a winter survival kit with
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.