Like many other hospitals in our area here at Bluefield Regional Medical Center they too are taking precautions seriously with the COVID-19 spread. Patients are allowed to have one designated support person as a visitor to see them.
"We're asking each person, each in-patient that is here to dedicate one person such as their spouse, as a primary visitor and all other visitors be restricted to access here. We ask that they would use verbal communication to keep up with the progress of their loved one," Richard Cox, Director of Facilities said.
"This way we don't have an interchange of people coming in and coming out, it gives us the ability to provide that patient with direct patient care and prevent that patient from being exposed to COVID-19 as well as their one designated person. It is unfortunate because in healthcare there are some happy events such as the birth of a child and so forth, but we are following the CDC guidelines. This is the best course of action to keep our facility and our community safe," he added.
Although visitation at the hospital has been limited to one person per patient the hospitals Cherry Street Cafe located on the first floor will still be open for the community enjoy a pick up breakfast or lunch until further notice.
HERE ARE THE FOLLOWING CANCELED OR SUSPENDED MEETINGS AT BLUEFIELD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- All meetings have been suspended or are being conducted by teleconference if at all possible.
- All Senior Connection and Healthy Women events have been suspended until further notice.
- We have enhanced our cleaning protocols that includes hospital leadership cleaning assigned areas that are frequently touched by hands, i.e., handrails, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.
- We are postponing well visits in our clinic offices.
- We have developed and published guidelines for staff to use when patients present for care with COVID -19 symptoms.
- We are using Live Process notification to notify managers of updated communication and guidance documentation.
- All Volunteers have been ask to suspend their volunteer service until further notice.
- Vendors and Sales Representatives are restricted to only those that make a pre-approved appointment and /or necessary to continue patient care.