BLUEFIELD, W.Va. (WVVA) - ARH is instituting the following guidelines effective tomorrow, July 31, 2020.
No regular visitation will be permitted at ARH Hospitals.
Only the following visitation exceptions will be made:
· Patients at the end of life - Two (2) people will be allowed to visit.
· Pediatric patients (age 17 and younger) – One (1) responsible adult.
· Maternity patients – One (1) designated support person for labor, delivery and duration of the mother’s hospital stay. The one designated support person is deemed the support person throughout the mother’s stay.
Important information for all visitors
· All visitors (18 years or older) should arrive wearing a mask, and the mask must be worn at all times while in an ARH facility.
· All visitors will be screened when entering an ARH facility. Those with fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, body aches or respiratory symptoms will not be allowed entry.
All visitors should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or apply hand sanitizer when entering and leaving patient rooms.
· Any visitor must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient’s room, they must leave the facility immediately and the visitor will not be permitted to return for that day.