WEST VIRGINIA (WVVA) - Operation SOW (Save our Wisdom) continues across the Mountain State as 6,300 vaccines are set to be administered to West Virginians aged 80+ this week.
According to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, 14 clinics will be held statewide this week.
A clinic scheduled for Thursday (Jan. 14) at the State Fairgrounds will host residents from Fayette, Greenbrier, McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Pocahontas, Raleigh, Summers, and Wyoming counties.
To make an appointment:
- Fayette County residents: call 304-574-1617
- Greenbrier County residents: call 304-645-1787
- McDowell County residents: call 304-448-2174
- Mercer County residents: call 304-324-8367
- Monroe County residents: call 304-772-3064
- Pocahontas County residents: call 304-799-4154
- Raleigh County residents: call 304-252-8531
- Summers County residents: call 304-466-3388
- Wyoming County residents: call 304-732-7941
Vaccines will be administered from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM in the West Virginia Building, located at 947 Maplewood Avenue, Lewisburg, WV 24901. Again: you must have an appointment.
“As Operation Save Our Wisdom continues to ramp up, I encourage all West Virginians who are age 80 and older to take advantage of the opportunity to receive a life-saving vaccine,” Gov. Justice said. “West Virginia continues to lead the nation in vaccine distribution and administration because of the incredible work of our state agencies and local partners, and because West Virginians are choosing to take this safe and effective vaccine.”
To see the full list of vaccine clinics this week. click here. (Note: Both of Cabell County's clinics and Monongalia County's clinics are full.)