SUMMERS COUNTY, W.Va. (WVVA) - The Summers County Sheriff's Office received donations from local businesses to supply ballistic vests to their deputies.
Supplied by Shellback Tactical, these vests add an extra layer of protection for deputies to use in the field. With tougher plates, they will be safer to wear than typical body armor.
The following businesses contributed to the Sheriff's Department for these vests:
- Mark Fox - Ronald Meadows Funeral Parlor
- Daniel Harmon - Harmon Construction
- Summers County Republican Committee
- Mike Gore - Gore’s Autobody
- Marshal and Paula Hephner
- Angel’s Feed Store
- Kirk’s Restaurant
- Jeff Conner
- Gabe Massie - Massie Insurance
- Andrew Monti
- Tom Conway - Safe and Sound Security
- Lyon Family
- Summers County Democratic Committee
The Summers County Sheriff's Department is now accepting donations for trauma bags for deputies police cruisers. These bags would give deputies the ability to give first aid to themselves, fellow officers or civilians in critical situations.
Anyone wishing to contribute to the cost of these bags is asked to contact the Summers County Sheriff's Office.