UPDATE 3:25 PM - Fire officials believe the blaze started in a walk-in freezer, according to Butch Mansfield, Fire Chief of the Pipestem Volunteer Fire Department.
The damage appears to be confined to the kitchen area of the restaurant.
Stick with WVVA as we continue to monitor this developing story.
PIPESTEM, W.Va. (WVVA) - A popular barbecue restaurant caught fire on Thursday, officials tell WVVA.
According to dispatchers, the blaze at Brandon's BBQ started around 1:44 PM.
Pipestem, Summers County, Athens, East River, Jumping Branch and Talcott Volunteer Fire Departments are all on the scene.
There are no reports of injuries.
Details are limited, but WVVA has a crew headed to the scene.
More information will be added to this story as it's made available.