There are thousands of temporary jobs available ahead of the 2020 Census.
Positions include recruiting assistants, office supervisors, clerks, field supervisors, and census takers.
The U.S. Census Bureau is in the process of opening 248 offices across country. Starting pay is $15 per hour out of the Beckley, West Virginia office. Call 1-855-JOB-2020 (1-855-562-2020) or visit 2020census.gov/jobs to learn more about how to apply.
List of jobs available for the 2020 Census below:
• Recruiting assistants travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
• Office operations supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
• Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
• Census field supervisors conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues, such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
• Census takers work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home, such as in the evening and on weekends.